SCCM 2107 has been released and you can upgrade to version 2107 if you are running version 2002 and later. Update 2107 for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager current branch is now available.
The previous current branch release was SCCM 2103. After SCCM 2107, the next version will be SCCM 2111 and will be released later this year. For now you can start upgrading SCCM 2002 and later version to 2107 release.
Before you begin the SCCM 2107 upgrade, to get the 2107 update in console, you must run the early update ring script. Download the version 2107 opt_in script first. Save the script to a folder on the site server. You must extract the contents before you get the script to run.
The version 2107 is currently available for fast ring and will be made generally available in coming weeks. You can either wait for general release or run the early update ring script to get the 2107 update.
In-depth documentation about what’s new in SCCM 2107 – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/mem/configmgr/core/plan-design/changes/whats-new-in-version-2107
SCCM 2107 Upgrade
You can use the following guide to perform SCCM 2107 Upgrade – https://www.prajwaldesai.com/sccm-2107-upgrade-guide/
After you upgrade to SCCM 2107, you should verify the following to confirm successful upgrade.
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Version 2107
- Console Version – 5.2107.1059.2000
- Site Version – 5.0.9058.1000
- Client version – 5.00.9058.1012
New Features in SCCM 2107
SCCM version 2107 includes an incredible amount of new features and enhancements in the site infrastructure, content management, client management, co-management, application management, operating system deployment, software updates, reporting, and configuration manager console.
- Implicit Uninstall of Applications
- New prerequisite check for SQL Server 2012
- Convert a CMG to virtual machine scale set
- List third-party updates catalogs in SCCM 2107
- Support for macOS Big Sur in ConfigMgr 2107
- Publish query to Community hub from CMPivot
- Enhanced code editor for Scripts
- Support for Windows Server 2022 and the ADK for Windows 11
To get more information on SCCM 2107 new features, here is a post that covers the new features in detail – https://www.prajwaldesai.com/new-features-in-sccm-2107-configmgr-2107/
Configuration Manager 2107 Prerequisites
Ensure the following prerequisites are met before you install SCCM 2107 update.
- Update 2107 is available as an in-console update and should be available under Updates and Servicing node of SCCM console.
- An important prerequisite is to ensure you have installed SCCM version 2002 or later.
- Apply the version 2107 updates starting at the top-level site in the hierarchy. First perform the CAS upgrade, later you can begin the upgrade of each child site. Complete the upgrade of each site before you begin to upgrade the next site.
- Ensure that you are running a supported Operating System and SQL Server version.
- If you’re running SCCM version older than 1910, check the SCCM In-place upgrade paths.
- If there is a pending restart for the server, reboot the server and then begin the update installation.
- The SCCM version should have online service connection point.
SCCM 2107 Video Upgrade
You can use my Configuration Manager 2107 upgrade video to upgrade to version 2107.