Recently Microsoft released a new SCCM 2002 hotfix KB4560496 and this update replaces KB4567007. This update rollup contained over 30 fixes and also replaced previous updates.
However I have been getting questions regarding which hotfix should one install first – KB4560496 or KB4567007 ?. The question wouldn’t have come up if one had read about the KB4560496 hotfix in detail.
Well, if you have the same question let me answer it. KB4560496 is a new hotfix while KB4567007 is an old hotfix or previously released hotfix. If you haven’t installed KB4567007, probably you will see both the hotfixes in the console.
You must always read the hotfix description before installing it. Read more about KB4560496 hotfix – https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4560496/update-rollup-for-microsoft-endpoint-configuration-manager-version-200.
SCCM 2002 KB4560496 and KB4567007 Hotfix
The SCCM 2002 KB4560496 hotfix replaces the following previously release updates. Notice it also replaces KB4567007 hotfix.
- KB4553501 – Update for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager version 2002, early update ring.
- KB4563473 – Update rollup for Configuration Manager version 2002 tenant attach issues.
- KB4567007 – PXE Boot failures or task sequence delays after updating to Configuration Manager current branch, version 2002.
In addition, the SCCM 2002 hotfix roll up KB4560496 update applies to :-
- Customers who opted in through a PowerShell script to the early update ring deployment.
- Customers who installed the globally available release.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update. After you install Configuration Manager 2002 hotfix KB4560496, the KB4567007 disappears from the console.
So I hope i have cleared the doubt regarding which hotfix should you install in SCCM 2002 console. If you have any further questions, feel free to log them in SCCM forums.