The SCCM 2303 has been released by Microsoft on April 12, 2023. This article lists all the details about the SCCM 2303 upgrade, the hotfixes released for version 2303 and the new features and improvements.
ConfigMgr 2303 has been released with lots of new features and improvements, and you can upgrade to version 2303 if you are running SCCM 2111 or later.
Update 2303 for Configuration Manager current branch is available as an in-console update. The update can be installed from the console on sites that are running ConfigMgr version 2111 or later.
The Configuration Manager version 2303 is a baseline version. Utilize the baseline version 2303 media when installing a new site in production. After you upgrade to ConfigMgr 2303, you get the latest fixes and new features added to your site. This guide has been updated to reflect all the details of the SCCM 2303 release.
After the Configuration Manager 2303 site upgrade, you must update clients to the most recent version. To update the clients to the most recent version, use the automatic client upgrade feature. The new features will work only after you update the clients to the latest release.
Table of Contents
List of SCCM 2303 New Features
The SCCM version 2303 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Improvements to Cloud Sync: Collections to Azure Active Directory Group Synchronization.
- Microsoft Configuration Manager product branding: Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is now branded as Microsoft Configuration Manager.
- New Endpoint Security reports in Intune admin center for Tenant Attached devices.
- Status Message Viewer now shows Authorization failure message in admin service.
- SQL Server 2022 version support for Configuration Manager.
- Unified Update Platform release.
- Update to default value of supersedence age in months for software updates.
- Enable Windows features introduced via Windows servicing that are off by default.
- Console dark theme extended to delete secondary site wizard.
Configuration Manager 2303 Upgrade Resources
Here are some important upgrade resources that should help you upgrade to Configuration Manager 2303:
- SCCM 2303 Upgrade Step-by-Step Guide
- Checklist for installing update 2303 for Configuration Manager
- What’s new in version 2303 of Configuration Manager current branch
Version 2303 of Configuration Manager is now available for everyone. The ConfigMgr 2303 update can be found in the SCCM console’s Updates and Servicing node.
SCCM 2303 Upgrade Process and Details
You can use the following step-by-step guide for SCCM version 2303 Upgrade. Make sure you run the prerequisite checks before installing the update. Any warnings or errors should be fixed before you install the update.
After you upgrade to SCCM 2303, you can verify the following details to confirm a successful upgrade.
- Microsoft Configuration Manager Version 2303
- Console Version – 5.2303.1089.1000
- Site Version – 5.0.9106.1000
- Client version – 5.00.9106.1000
List of SCCM 2303 Hotfixes
1. SCCM 2303 Hotfix KB21010486
Microsoft has released SCCM 2303 KB21010486 hotfix rollup update to address important issues with Configuration Manager, current branch version 2303. This is the first hotfix released for SCCM 2303 and is available for both customers who opted in to the early update ring deployment via a PowerShell script and customers who installed the globally available release.
Note: After installing KB 21010486 rollup update, administrators noticed an overall performance degradation in processing data into the site database. Queries or collections based on user discovery data can take longer than expected to process. For example, collection evaluation, query processing, and site-to-site replication may be affected. Microsoft revoked the KB21010486 hotfix update for all customers. This KB24721208 update corrects impacted SQL views in the site database to prevent the issues described.
2. SCCM 2303 Hotfix KB24721208
A new SCCM 2303 hotfix KB24721208 has been released to address slow data processing after installing the KB21010486 rollup update. This update is available in the Updates and Servicing node of the Configuration Manager console for version 2303 environments that installed KB21010486 on or before August 2, 2023.
If the ConfigMgr Hotfix Rollup KB24721208 doesn’t appear in the Configuration Manager console, ensure you run Check for Updates. Review the dmpdownloader.log in case the update fails to download in the console.
3. SCCM 2303 Hotfix KB24719670
Microsoft has released Configuration Manager 2303 Hotfix KB24719670 rollup to address performance issues. The new hotfix rollup update KB24719670 applies to customers who didn’t install the KB21010486 hotfix for SCCM 2303.
For customers who opted in for slow ring release of SCCM 2303 and did not install KB21010486 hotfix, Configuration Manager 2303 hotfix KB24719670 must be installed.