You can now install Windows 10 21H2 using Windows Update. The Feature update of Windows 10, version 21H2 is also known as Windows 10 November 2021 update. Even though Windows 11 is out now, Microsoft is still providing updates for Windows 10.
Prior to releasing the Windows 10 version 21H2 update, Microsoft had released Windows 10 21H2 enablement package (KB5006738) to the Release Preview Channel. You can upgrade to Windows 10 21H2 using SCCM.
The Windows 10 21H2 is an optional update, at least as long as your current version of Windows is supported. You’ll need to be running Windows 10 version 2004 or later to see the update.
So, what can you do if you want to get Windows 10 version 21H2 right now? The easiest way is to use Windows Update. Ensure you run Check for Updates to get all the latest applicable updates for your computer.
On your home PCs running Windows 10 version 21H1, you can install Windows 10 21H2 update via software update. Windows 10 21H2 enablement package will be delivered via Windows Update, WSUS, SCCM and WUfB/Intune.
Windows 10 21H2 update includes new features focused on productivity, management and security.
- Adding WPA3 H2E standards support for enhanced Wi-Fi security.
- Windows Hello for Business introduces a new deployment method called cloud trust to support simplified passwordless deployments and achieve a deploy-to-run state within a few minutes.
- GPU compute support in the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) and Azure IoT Edge for Linux on Windows (EFLOW) deployments for machine learning and other compute intensive workflows.
Install Windows 10 21H2 using Windows Update
Let’s look at the steps to install Windows 10 21H2 update.
- On your Windows 10 computer, click Start > Settings > Update & Security.
- On the Windows Update window, select Check for updates.
- You should see the latest Windows Updates applicable for your computer.
- Look for Feature update of Windows 10, version 21H2 and select Download and Install.
The Feature update of Windows 10, version 21H2 now downloads and installs on your computer. You must restart your computer to complete the 21H2 update installation.
After the computer reboot, log in to your Windows 10 computer. Right-click Start and select Run, type “winver” and press enter. You should now see About Windows that displays the current version of Windows 10.
After installing Feature update of Windows 10, version 21H2, the build number of Windows 10 will be 19044.1348.