The Windows 11 Insider Preview 22533.1001 (build 22533) has been released for Windows Insiders Dev Channel. The 22533 build includes a good set of fixes and improvements over the previous release.
To test or try out the Windows 11 Insider preview builds, you must first install the Windows Insider Preview ISO. You can download the latest ISO for insider preview releases on Windows Insider Preview link.
Once you’ve downloaded the ISO of your choice, you may install the build through either an in-place upgrade or via a clean install.
The Windows insider preview build 22533 release comes with set of new features, improvements and fixes over the previous release. You should not install the preview builds on your Work PC as these builds are not stable and get frequent updates.
Installing Windows 11 Insider Preview 22533.1001 Update
The insider preview updates are made available via Windows updates. You can run Check for updates on your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC to get latest insider preview updates.
The Windows 11 Insider Preview 22533.1001 (rs_prerelease) update appeared quickly after checking for updates. You have to wait until the preview update downloads.
Once the update downloads, the installation begins and this can take good amount of time. You can leave the system idle during the update installation.
After the preview 22533 update downloads and installs, it requires a system restart to install the new feature update. You can either pick a time for restart or click Restart now to install the update. The update installation may require multiple reboots to complete.
New Features in Windows Insider Preview 22533
When you install Windows Insider Preview build 22533, you get the following new features:
- An updated the fly-out design for the hardware indicators for brightness, volume, camera privacy, camera on/off and airplane mode, to align with Windows 11 design principles.
- 13 new touch keyboard themes to IMEs, the emoji panel, and voice typing to all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- You can now uninstall the clock app if you don’t need it which was not possible in previous preview build.
- Apps & Features option has been replaced with Installed Apps.
- Microsoft has rolled out a new Calls experience for the Your Phone app on Windows 11. This feature update includes a new in-progress call window with updated icons, fonts, and other UI changes that align with the improved design of Windows 11.
- Error 0x8007012a that encountered during a driver or firmware update has been fixed.
Known Issues in Preview build 22533
The Preview builds released for Dev channel aren’t stable and they have known issues. You must read these known issues before installing the update.
For a list of known issues present in Preview build 22533 refer to Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22533 post from Microsoft.