How to Repair SCCM Console | Configuration Manager Console
In this post I will show you how to repair SCCM console. You can repair the Configuration Manager console when you notice that the console is either crashing or not working as expected.
The Configuration Manager console can be either installed manually or you can package it and deploy the console using SCCM.
The Configuration Manager Admins shouldn’t login to the site server and use the console. Instead one should install the console on his/her laptop and then connect to site server from the local console.
However consider the case when the SCCM console crashes and you can’t work your daily tasks. In such situation you have to repair the SCCM console.
If you want to install SCCM console, there are two locations where you can find the setup files for SCCM console.
- On Configuration Manager Site server – <ConfigMgr site server installation path>\Tools\ConsoleSetup
- SCCM installation media – <Configuration Manager installation media>\SMSSETUP\BIN\I386
You should also know which log files are related to Configuration Manager console. Take a look at my SCCM console log files post.
How to Repair SCCM Console
To repair SCCM console on your computer.
- First close the Configuration Manager console. This is important.
- Go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features.
- From the list of installed programs, right click Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager console and click Repair.
- The repair option repairs the console.
When you click repair, the Configuration Manager console installation is repaired. After the console repair is complete, click Start > Microsoft Endpoint Manager and launch the Configuration Manager console.
Notice that when you right click Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager console, you get two options – Uninstall and Repair. If you click Uninstall, the Configuration Manager console will be uninstalled from your computer while the repair option repairs the console.