The latest version of ConfigMgr technical preview 2002 is available to download from Technet evaluation center. The SCCM technical preview version 2002 is available as both an in-console update and as a new baseline version.
This is the first technical preview baseline version of the year 2020. If you wish to setup a SCCM technical preview lab from scratch, you can download tech preview version 2002 and install it.
While I am writing this post, I know many of you are also curious to know the Configuration Manager 2002 release date. Let me tell you that ConfigMgr current branch version 2002 will also be released soon.
I have covered about new features and installation of Configuration Manager Technical Preview 2002 here. Prior to version 2002, the latest one was 2001. After you install Tech Preview 2002, you should see another update in the console – version 2002.2.
In order to build a tech preview lab, you must first install a baseline version of the technical preview branch. After you install a baseline version, you can install in-console updates to get to the most recent preview version.
Before you download and install ConfigMgr technical preview 2002, here are some important points.
- The technical preview build is supported for use in a lab environment only. So do not use it in a production environment.
- You can test the new features added in tech preview versions and send feedback to Microsoft.
- Most of all each technical preview install is active for 90 days only.
- Technical preview build supports only standalone primary sites. CAS or secondary sites aren’t supported.
- To know about new features in every build, Microsoft has an excellent documentation. Please refer this article for more information.
Download ConfigMgr Technical Preview 2002
To download the version 2002 of ConfigMgr technical preview, click this link. Expand System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection (technical preview branch).
Under Start you evaluation, click Continue.
To download the product, you need to sign-in. If not enter your details such as Name, company, phone number etc.
- System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection (technical preview branch – version 2002) | 64-bit .exe
- System Center Configuration Manager and Endpoint Protection (technical preview branch – version 2002) | 32-bit .exe
Your download should begin now. The approx download size is 682 MB. After you download the Configmgr_TechPreview2002.exe, you must unzip the contents into a folder.