SCCM 2207 has been released with lots of new features and improvements and you can upgrade to version 2207 if you are running SCCM 2103 or later.
Update 2207 for Configuration Manager current branch is available as an in-console update. Sites running ConfigMgr version 2103 or later can install the 2207 update from the console.
Unlike SCCM 2203, the Configuration Manager version 2207 is not a baseline version. If you are installing new site in the production, use the version 2203 baseline media and then upgrade to SCCM 2207.
After Configuration Manager 2207 site upgrade, you must update clients to the most recent version. You can use Automatic client upgrade feature to upgrade the clients to latest version. The new features will work only after you update the clients to latest release.
ConfigMgr 2207 Upgrade Resources
Listing some important upgrade resources that should help you while upgrading to Configuration Manager 2207.
- Checklist for installing update 2207 for Configuration Manager
- Update 2207 for Configuration Manager Announcement by Microsoft
- What’s new in version 2207 of Configuration Manager current branch
The version 2207 of Configuration Manager is now available for everyone. The ConfigMgr 2207 update appears in the console under Updates and Servicing node.
The previous current branch release was SCCM 2203. If you are running SCCM 2103 in your setup, you can skip the SCCM 2107, SCCM 2111 versions and directly upgrade to version 2207.
SCCM 2207 New Features and Improvements
The SCCM version 2207 includes the following new features and improvements.
- Enhanced security for Configuration Manager administration service
- Simplified application deployment approval
- Include and prefer a cloud source for a management point in a default boundary group
- Granular control over compliance settings evaluation
- Improved manageability of automatic deployment rules (ADRs)
- Enhanced control over monthly maintenance windows
- Improved Microsoft Defender for Endpoint (MDE) onboarding for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016
- Enhanced protection for untrusted environments
- Improvements to the console
- Improvements to the dark theme
SCCM 2207 Upgrade Details
You can use the following step-by-step guide for SCCM version 2207 Upgrade. Ensure you run the prerequisite checks before installing the update. Any warnings or errors should be fixed before you install the update.
After you upgrade to SCCM 2207, you should verify the following to confirm successful upgrade.
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Version 2207
- Console Version – 5.2207.1048.1700
- Site Version – 5.0.9088.1000
- Client version – 5.00.9088.1007