If you are using SCCM to create Office 365 installer, you will surely stop at one point and have a question. What is the difference between Microsoft 365 Apps for Business vs Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise.
Recently I was helping one of my customer to package and deploy Office 365 in Configuration Manager. While using the customization tool, I found some new options under office suites. I had four options to choose but what confused me was Microsoft 365 Apps – Business vs Enterprise.
In the past I manually downloaded and packaged Office 365. However you can now use Microsof Office 365 client installer that makes your tasks very easy. Launch the configuration manager console. Click Software Library > Overview > Office 365 Client Management. Click Office 365 Installer in the console. This will bring up Microsoft Office 365 client installation wizard.
One of the ways to customize the Office 365 installation is use the configuration tool. This tool will create the configuration file for all the changes that you do. So in the OCT, under Deployment Settings when you click Office Suites, you will find new options such as.
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
- Microsoft 365 Apps for business
- Office Professional plus 2019 – Volume License
- Office 2019 Standard – Volume License
Difference between Microsoft 365 Apps Business vs Enterprise
So let’s understand the difference between Microsoft 365 Apps.
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise is built for all the enterprise customers. In addition to the always up-to-date versions of the core Office desktop apps, it also includes enterprise-grade security and compliance features, enhanced communication tools, and fine-grained controls for deployment and management. Some small and medium-sized businesses, including those in regulated industries or wanting higher levels of IT control, may also be interested in Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise.
- While Microsoft 365 Apps for business also offers always up-to-date versions of the core Office desktop apps, but without any of the additional security, communication, or administrative features listed above.
- Microsoft 365 Apps for business supports only up to a maximum business size of 300 users. Whereas Microsoft 365 enterprise Apps is available for an unlimited number of users. Therefore use the Business plan for small and growing business and Enterprise plan is appropriate for larger firms.
So now that you know the difference between them, I hope you will make a right choice before you deploy Office 365.