In this post, I will show you how to exclude SCCM client upgrade. Using the Exclude specified clients from upgrade option, you can exclude or restrict clients from upgrade in Configuration Manager.
You can choose a device collection to exclude the clients from upgrade in SCCM. When you enable automatic site wide client push installation, you basically install client agents on every computer.
However, there are some cases where you want to exclude or block the computers from client upgrade and SCCM has that option. You can exclude a collection of clients from automatically installing updated client versions.
Note – After clients in the excluded collection update policy, they don’t automatically install client updates.
How to Exclude SCCM Client Upgrade
Follow the below steps to exclude the SCCM client agents from upgrade.
- Launch the SCCM console.
- Go to Administration\Overview\Site Configuration\Sites.
- Right-click the site and select Hierarchy Settings.
- Select the client upgrade tab and check the box – Exclude specified clients from upgrade.
- Click Browse and select the device collection to exclude from client upgrade.
When you specify a device to exclude the client upgrade, the clients will not be upgraded via any method such as automatic upgrade or software update-based upgrade. This exclusion applies to the following methods:
- Automatic upgrade
- Software update-based upgrade
- Logon scripts
- Group policy
The next question that you will have is how can I upgrade the excluded clients ?. If a device is a member of a collection that you excluded from upgrade, you can still upgrade the client using one of the following methods:
- Client push installation – Ccmsetup allows client push installation because it’s your direct intent. This method lets you upgrade a client without removing it from the collection, or removing the entire collection from exclusion.
- Manual client installation: Manually upgrade an excluded client by using the following Ccmsetup command-line parameter: /IgnoreSkipUpgrade