Announcing General Availability of Desktop Analytics
And the good news is Microsoft announced the general availability of Desktop Analytics today. The Desktop Analytics is a cloud-connected service that integrates with SCCM. It offers insights and helps administrators make more informed decisions about how to deploy new updates to Windows endpoints.
In July, the DA was released as public preview. A lot of organizations have tried the Desktop Analytics preview. Since the public preview release, Microsoft collected feedback from it’s customers, a few improvements have been made and finally the Desktop Analytics is ready.
You might have several Windows 10 computers in your organization. You would want to know if they are ready to be upgraded to next eligible version of Windows 10. Desktop Analytics can help you here to find out the computers that are ready for upgrade.
The Desktop Analytics is a successor of Windows Analytics. With all the capabilities of Windows Analytics, it can be tightly integrated with SCCM.
To know more about desktop analytics start here – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/desktop-analytics/overview
Desktop Analytics License Requirements
In order to use the Desktop Analytics, it requires one of the following license subscriptions :-
- Windows 10 Enterprise E3 or E5 or Microsoft 365 F1, E3, or E5.
- Windows 10 Education A3 or A5 or Microsoft 365 A3 or A5.
- Virtual desktop access E3 or E5.
- Easy integration with SCCM / Configuration Manager. However you will need an active Azure subscription, with Global Admin permissions.
- Device and software inventory
- Pilot identification – Identify set of devices to perform windows upgrades and ensure the pilot is more successful allows you to proceed more quickly and confidently to broad deployments in production.
- Issue identification – Based on the aggregated market data along with data from your environment, the service predicts potential issues to getting and staying current with Windows.
- Desktop Analytics Overview – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/desktop-analytics/overview
- Setup Desktop Analytics in the Azure portal
- SCCM Destktop Analytics Integration
- Step by Step Desktop Analytics Guides